Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday 28 February 2010

Sewing with Friends




Have had a lovely couple of days sewing with friends Sue and Gill. Or should I say talking, eating, looking at quilts and books. We only seemed to get a small amount of sewing done as it was the first time the tree of us had all spent time sewing together. The whole two days was quilt talk related which was fun and hope we can do it again sometime soon. We normally only bump into Gill at the quilt shows we attend as she lives just over an hour away.

I completed my Christmas tree skirt- very ahead of schedule, I needed to get this done as I will be taking this as a workshop class in September at Cowslip Workshops. I know that once I have come home from Paducah I shall be in the full throws of catching up with the garden and just fitting in my sewing when I can.

The scrap top is an ongoing project and work on making the four patches as and when I get scraps left over from a quilt. It has a piece of every quilt I have ever made in it so is a real mish mash of fabrics but do love how it is turning out, I will probably only add one or two more borders to finish it, we shall see.
I will then have to start another scrap quilt as I don't seem to have made the slightest dent in the scrap box. LOL.
Till next time.
Sue

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love scrap quilts and the 4 patch is a real winner!!
    Cute tree skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scrap quilt looks great and a fabulous way to use up some of those smaller bits.

    ReplyDelete