Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday 4 March 2011

Finishing Off

I really felt I had to knuckle down and get on with some finishing off this week.

I machine quilted my small Hunters star quilt. After finishing it I know now why I send my quilts off to be machine quilted. Even though I did a wonderful couple of days machine quilting with Philippa Naylor mine has not improved. She is truly inspirational on what she achieves on her domestic sewing machine . She has won lots of awards and a couple of her quilts are in the AQS museum in Paduach. Not much chance of mine ever ending up there- But we do live in hope the mine will improve after practice, practice practice.
I also machine quilted my Poets Soldier block quilt and like the backing I chose.
Finally the binding went on the Dutch quilt and my scrappy quilt.

I am just coming to the end of what I need to have ready for our SHIPTON QUILTERS Exhibition in April but now realise I have about 20 sleeves to sew on the backs. Another job I don't like -it seems so unproductive to me.
We have made a lovely charity raffle quilt and all proceeds go to Help For Heroes.
Have a little look at it HERE. I hope it raised lots of money for this worthy cause.





8 comments:

  1. Wow! You got so much finished - amazing
    I love the backing rpint too and the medallion is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pieces are wonderful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting looks good to me. Enjoyed the show, but I always love the scrap quilts best. 20 sleeves! and I'm dragging my feet doing 4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! And I think your quilting looks wonderful!! It looks like a big variety of fabric in the checkboard quilt.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little red quilt, Sue, so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure got a lot accomplished! I drag my feet with hanging sleeves and labels - once the binding is on it feels like time to start something new.
    I love the checkerboard/4 patch quilt - its so scrappy :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last quilt show we had a sleeve and movie night at my house...It is a job easier done with a bottle of wine, a costume drama and some friends!

    Great quilts btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful quilts sue, even the back is lovely!

    ReplyDelete