Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 20 August 2012

Festival of Quilts Part One

Last weekend was the Festival of Quilts at Birmingham and look who I meet up with again- Virginia - Sorry we seem a bit streaky not sure what has happened here. I deleted the previous one as we were completely green.




I also bumped into Shirley http://stitcherydo.blogspot.co.uk/. Slow off the mark I didn't get anyone to take a photo of us and of course I meet up with PIC Sue but no photo of her either.
Lots of lovely quilts so here goes with some of my favourites.
I can't tell you who's they are as you have to have a catalouge so see that sort of detail.



Nice Dear Jane





Great Hexagon





Lovely Red and White Applique









Nice Hawaian



















More to follow in a few days.
P.S. have just found out through Shirley's blog that the above one is from Cowslip Workshops. I promise you I didn't know. Quilting was amazing on it.  Love it Team Cowslip. 
Sue

11 comments:

  1. it is always so nice to see all the quilts at a show isn't it - nice you ran into someone you knew!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so gorgeous.....and I'm crazy for that red and white applique quilt! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, these are gorgeous! Loving that red, white, and blue one with the heart border ~ very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get to see very much applique at the few shows I attend. There are some real beauties here, not only the applique work, but also the pieced ones. Thanks for sharing them with us. This looks like an impressive show. Looking forward to seeing the next group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first red and white applique quilt you show is my favorite. I always think a red and white quilt is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you two are having a wonderful time!! LOVE that red and white appliqué!! It's to die for!!
    Really must brush up on my appliqué skills.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was lovely to just bump into you on Thursday, would have loved more time. The last quilt you showed is the Cowslip Quilt. Several you showed are ones that I took also. There are some very talented people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful show Sue!
    thanks for posting these lovely quilts.
    The Hawaiian and the hexie are my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful quilts - thank you for sharing. Fun you could meet up with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quilts, looks like it was a wonderful show. Thanks you for letting us join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like there were some beautiful and amazing quilts entered in that show! How fun to meet up with friends.

    ReplyDelete