Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Raffle Quilt

Partner in crime and I got together yesterday to start putting our Shipton Charity Quilt together.
Members of the group put together two blocks each. It's a Lori Smith pattern which she gave us permission to copy and reproduce. It's called Honouring our Quilting Heritage.
Sue bought donuts to help us through the day and I'm thankful that my sewing machine is in it's cabinet upstairs as I had to keep running up and down sewing my pieces together therefore justifying eating two of them. She had probably run about three miles that morning to justify her's. She's younger than me and looks better in lycra than I do!




It's going together nicely with a bit of easing here and there.
Setting triangles and border have yet to be decided on but we wanted to get the basics of it together before the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham next week so we can look for suitable fabric.
This will be our raffle quilt for our 2014 exhibition which I know is a long way off but as we all know time flys.
Sue

7 comments:

  1. I'm fascinated by everything that is involved in quilt making. I know I'll never create one myself which is why I love your blog so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking fabulous, Sue! And what a joy it must be to have so many members get involved in the project! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sue this project is wonderful! Seams like Charity is going to really benefit with this one! Cannot wait to see it finished and I can honestly say this "charity" would love to be its owner! LOL
    I will be offline for several days, not telling where I will end up. Have a wonderful week.
    Mitts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely blocks! You are so organized to be working on something for 2014! You are so right about time flying!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing a great job Sue and it is going to be a real treasure. I would love to win it. Have had a super day down at Cowslip today. Such wonderful eye candy there too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice!! It does look a bit familiar:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You girls are on top of things. This will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete