Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 31 December 2013

The New Year Ahead

  The festive season is almost over and as we all think about the past year it's time to think about the coming one and with that in mind I want to tell you about an exciting new project that is happening at Cowslip Workshops.
I've just had a happy time with Jo whilst the shop and cafe has been closed over the the holiday season where she was preparing for Di Fords block of the month.You can see the centre of it here.
http://www.cowslipworkshops.co.uk/blog



Here are some of the lovely fabrics for the Di Ford block of the month. If any of you want to sign up for this project you had better hop over to Cowslip Workshops to sign up. 
As it was closed over the Christmas period I took the opportunity to take some photos of the shop and cafe. 
Lovely flannels and wool. 





You will never see  the cafe this quiet again. It opens again from the 3rd of January with lots of yummy food and cakes. 
Jo's beautiful Christmas quilts are still adorning the walls. It's looks so welcoming.





Hope you enjoyed a belated bit of Christmas from my favourite quilt shop and cafe 

Happy New Year and here's to lots of sewing in 2014.

Sue 
http://www.cowslipworkshops.co.uk/blog

14 comments:

  1. If I am every in Cornwall I will make a point of visiting the shop & cafe!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue for showing the pics. I LOVE Cowslip!
    Happy New Year my friend! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day I'll find it :-)
    Happy New Year, Sue!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cafe is so charming and festive! love the look of that shop too and those new fabrics.
    Happy New Year Sue -
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the cafe IN the quilt shop? That's brilliant! When I'm at my favorite quilt shop, (you know the one....Busy Thimble!), that's the only reason we feel a need to leave, is to go and get some lunch! Imagine if there was a cafe inside! LOL We'd NEVER leave! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the penguin and Santa Christmas applique quilt. Can you please share where I might get the pattern and who the fabulous designer is. Happy New Year and thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place to be!!!! I wish you a happy new year ful of warmth, good health and lots of creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to see it all without people in the way. Lucky you. Thinking of joining in with Di Ford BOM.

    Happy New Year Sue. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope 2014 is a wonderful year for you Sue and I will look forward to watching your progress with Di Ford's wonderful BOM. Santa very kindly gave me her book plus a heap of other Quilt Mania publications - fabulous. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shop is jammed packed! So pretty. It's going to be a lovely and popular BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful shop with lots of gorgeous goodies that look so tempting. I love anything that Di Ford makes but I must stay focused this year. I'll see how long that lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beardie mom, you are a no reply blogger so am leaving the information here. The quilt is a Bom by Lynette Anderson called friends for Christmas it's available on her site.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Di Ford's quilts. I live in the USA and have signed up for this BOM from a USA shop. Besides offering the magazine they will be offering Di Ford "fabrics". Can hardly wait. Will be interesting to see what the Cowslip offers. Will you be joining their BOM.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cowslip is offering the full package of fabric too. That's what's in the boxes.
    Not sure if I will join in. If I don't i think I will somehow regret it when I see the quilts emerging in on Internet.
    Enjoy you bom journey.

    ReplyDelete