Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday 2 October 2014

Up Close and Personal

I have had the most wonderful afternoon where I got up close and personal with Jane.
Not Dear Jane but Jane Pizar, my heart races when I see this coverlet and spent the afternoon taking measurements, examining the fabrics and taking photos.
This is on my bucket list to make and have been gathering fabrics for it for some time.
I have been begging  the Cheltenham Museum to see this quilt for the past year after seeing it for the first time in 2010.  I got an email the othe day to say they would have it out and I would I like to  go to see it. WOULD I !!!!!!
What a privelage to have  her to myself ( well Apart from the two museum staff who were most generous with thier time as they only work part time)
Today I feel I know her a little better.



How happy I am today.

Sue

13 comments:

  1. I so admire those of you who study and take the time to reproduce these grand old quilts. I look forward to seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - you lucky, lucky lady! It is such a wonderful quilt. Did you get lots more photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is very cool Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful experience

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous and what an amazing experience to be able to enjoy this quilt so closely. I have a card sent to me by you with the quilt which is an absolute favourite of mine and I am looking forward to watching your progress - no pressure mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lucky woman you are!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue, What a lucky girl you are to see this wonderful piece of work, and a surprise to see that Cheltenham Museum have a coverlet in their collection. I would very much like to find out more but can't find anything on their website, our local museum have just become the owners of a beautiful coverlet made locally it is over 100 years old and was found in the barn of a local farm and almost thrown out as a box of old rags. I know they would be most interested to find out about the Jane Pizar Coverlet.
    Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh how I wish I could have been there with you to see this beautiful quilt!

    I have started my version and I look forward to seeing your version.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting to see such a wonderful quilt in person! I look forward to seeing what you are going to do with all the information!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting to see the quilt in real life! Another quilt I would love to make some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting to have such a special viewing of that gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful opportunity. I am currently trying to draft my version of this quilt but only have photos from google searches to go by. Are there any more photos you can share? Can you tell me what size the quilt and blocks are? Look forward to seeing your progress.
    Narelle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sue
    Do you have an update on progress of your pattern for the Jane Pizar quilt? Would love to make this quilt ....
    Cheers
    Narelle

    ReplyDelete