Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday 21 March 2015

International Quilting Day



Today is International Quilting day. So what do you do you make a mini quilt which is what I have done. 

Whilst clearing up in my sewing room I found these left over nine patches and these is how I used them. A little hand quilting project. Yeah I'm sure I can manage that !!!! 



I had a real good sort out and clear up in my sewing room, it felt so good to put the vacum cleaner over the floor and as the sun was shining through the window I even cleaned that. So I had better show you the hub before it gets all messed up again lol.

My quilt books and cutting area. 
My little goodies area.

Yes this is the stash!!!  Will I ever get through it??? Probably not but it is nice to have it for when you need that right little piece of fabric. 
TV to watch or listen to while I work and the computer on standby. 
I worked quite late finishing my tidy up ( well it was past midnight) and couldn't find Mery. I checked all round the house and finally found she had given up on me and taken to my bed. 

It's a dogs life here! 

Sue 

17 comments:

  1. I really like your collection of neat things in your header photo. I like your sewing space too. You have so much to give you inspiration. Happy Sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little quilt Sue and I love your nice orderly sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sewing space is so comfortable and so cute !!
    Enjoy this quilting day !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely sewing room - sweet little quilt - Happy National Sewing Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty little 9 patch quilt! Great border fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a charming quilting room, thanks for sharing it. You have a very impressive book collection, I might be teensy bit jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun! What a sweet little quilt. Have fun quilting it. And, thanks for showing us your sewing room. I love seeing where other people work (and of course love to peek at everyone's stash!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a perfectly cozy room for creating and sewing! Love your little quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, how tidy! It makes me feel guilty... I should tidy mine! Soon..., LOL!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your room looks amazing Sue + is making me think I should start on mine X

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great little quilt top. I love your border fabric! Your sewing room looks like very pleasant place to be! Mery looks very comfortable, I would have hated to disturb her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved seeing your sewing room, the place where the magic happens. Look at all those books! And your stash!
    The little quilt is so pretty - what a talent you have.
    Glad you found Mery - she has the "upside down dog" look perfected, Fleur can do it too! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your little quilt! Fun tour of your wonderful sewing space. I think Mery is a very smart girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree about the stash! I will never use it all in my lifetime, but I need it for finding just the right piece! Your sewing room looks so nice and neat! and your quilts are lovely, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I could sure use your help in my sewing room. I loved seeing your sewing area. For some reason I never want to take the time to clean, just sew; but we all know how much dust fabric can make. Your quilt is adorable. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete