Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 21 April 2015

A Quick Post

I spent a happy time away at Easter and visited Berrington Hall where they had costumes on display from the BBC drama's Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice  and Mansfield Park.
Absolutely gorgeous costumes and I was surprised how short Hugh Grant must be as I'm 5 foot nothing and the model with his costume on  wasn't much taller than me.
Here a few snapshots of the day.


This is Hugh Grants costume



The following dresses were behind a glass screen as they  are original dresses from the period. Just look at those early cotton prints, very pretty and feminine. 

These ones are of the butlers room and the laundry


Finally a little progress on my Di Ford Sutton Grange quilt. I decided not to make the applique jockey cap blocks but to make these  broken dishes instead. 
Much faster for me as I do enjoy piecing. 
Hopefully I will have some more eye candy from Nantes to post next week. 
Until then. 
Sue 

9 comments:

  1. How fun! Lovely dresses. I love the fabrics in the dresses that were behind the glass. Beautiful floral prints. I would not have wanted to use those irons! I like the quilt on the cot too. Your Sutton Grange top is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such romantic dresses! thanks for posting - I would love to have seen them too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That building is great and so are the costumes! Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely costumes from some favourite films, and books. And your quilt is just fabulous. Nice to find a Uk quilting blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely costumes from some favourite films, and books. And your quilt is just fabulous. Nice to find a Uk quilting blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post. The costumes are delightful. Love your broken dishes on the Sutton Grange. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love museums like this - thanks for sharing those amazing costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete