Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Back Again

Back again to finish off my last post.

On our way to Bennington we took the back road and crossed through this lovely red covered bridge. It the one Diana Keaton drives through in the film Baby Boom when shes on her way to her new life in Vermont. I love that film especially when she is dancing to Moonlight in Vermont. Oh I'm such an old romantic !!!
 So here we are at the Bennington Museum and after visiting VT 5 times I've finally timed it right  and at last I get to meet  Jane. She really is a work of art and in fabulous condition.



Very dark in the museum where she is displayed which is fair enough given her age and them wanting to protect her. 
Their was this other beauty in there too but the only information was that it was gifted. 
We saw so many pumpkins along the way and couldn't resist  having my photo done with this guy. 
Its time to say goodbye to The Inn at Manchester. We stayed in the red barn building at the back overlooking the pool. I love staying at this Inn. 


Heading back to Boston we passed this fab bridge in New Hampshire and pure by chance passed a quilt shop. After screeching to a halt my friend indulged me once again as we headed into Pickering Farm Quilt shop. Lots of nice treasure's in their for me too and I'm am holding on to my last precious purchases

We then headed for Concord for our last afternoon and payed a visit to Orchard House . Such a shame no photo's are allowed as their are a few small quilts in the bedrooms. 

So now it was finally time to say goodbye to New England once again.

As for 2016 I am going to try to do at least one post a month, I  find I spend most of my time hanging out on Facebook and Instagram these days, Its so quick and easy. 

Its  now time to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a marvellous 2016. 

Happy Stitching 
Sue 


12 comments:

  1. Wow! What a trip! You look lovely too! I think New England suits you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic eagle quilt!! I'm glad you finally got to visit with Jane :0) Merry Christmas Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos ! What was your feelings in front of this gorgeous DJ quilt ?
    I wish you the Merriest of Christmases !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a wonderful time in the New England area. You got to see the famous DJ in person! I hope you have a joyous Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for showing these pics Sue. I soooo want to go to all these places!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonder travel photos. Makes me want to do more local travel here in New England. I'm going to Vermont this year for the festival - are you coming back?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun trip. I love road trips. Thanks for taking us along. When are you coming back to the US?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Historic buildings, covered bridges, antique quilts, quilt shops, a pumpkin patch; what a wonderful trip with so many fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment. Are you the whole day plaing with your grandchildren or is there some time left to quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue
    Looks like you had a very enjoyable and rewarding trip. Thanks for sharing.
    I was also wondering if you have an update on any progress for the pattern for the Jane Pizar quilt? I am very keen to make this quilt and hesitant to take on another major work if the pattern will be released in the near future.
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm your newest follower, number 248. I happened upon your blog while hopping through bloglists of other bloggers. Not a quilter, but find the quilting world very interesting. So glad I landed here and am able to travel with you a little.

    ReplyDelete