Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday 30 July 2014

More from the Welsh Quilt Museum

Some more photos from our day in Wales



Love these red's

This was a favourite and hanging in the hallway.

Janet Boltons work was on display too. 

After Lampeter we headed off for Jen's shop in Llanybydder. This little building is stuffed to the gunnels with quilts and welsh wool blankets. 
Linda just didn't just peer over the wall.

Lots of foraging went on too. 
 

We then headed for home and wish I could have shown the route the sat nav took us. I'm sure she took us on the scenic route.
That's it for today, tomorrow is another day with another adventure. 

Sue 

8 comments:

  1. I love that pile of red and pink quilts - yummy! Thanks for sharing :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing some of this show with us. I see there is an Exhibit Catalog available for the show and past shows. Do you think the international shipping charges would make the purchase of them too pricey? Or are they worth having?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your photos of the quilt show. The quilt hanging in the hallway was really beautiful. I loved that red quilt! It would have been hard to obey the sign! I would have loved to see the whole quilt. Janet Bolton is new to me, but I really like her quilts. Jen's shop looks like it is filled with wonderful treasures! I especially liked the hexagon quilt. I am on the look out for a pattern for a hexie quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful quilts! Like Janet I Love that stack of red & pink quilts -
    Looks like you are having a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and that is my favourite too. In 2009 I got to rummage in those shelves full of quilts at Jen Jones' shop - what pure fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have really enjoyed these posts from the Welch Quilt Museum - all those soft reds and pinks and browns, and the lovely original folk art. I would dearly love to visit there someday. Thanks for sharing these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stack of reds and the sign- they know us quilters too well! lol
    Janet's work is so lovely. I find it absolutely charming!

    ReplyDelete