Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 23 December 2014

Christmas Post

The weeks just seem to fly by and here we are with Christmas upon us. 
Whilst out doing some shopping I spotted this quilt in the local pop up market. 


Nice even quilting and in good condition. I've always wanted to make an Ocean Waves quilt but haven't got round to it, so this means I probably won't have to make one now!!!! Justified it as an early Christmas present from me to me, it's good to choose your own presents don't you think? Lol 

My double nine patch came back from the longarm quilter and is now bound and ready for use. I had simple baptist fan quilting and am pleased with the result. 

Abi's quilt is coming along and here's where I'm up to.
I have been working away on my Texas Stars and they are coming along quite nicely. Not long now and I have the making of a quilt.

I've had a wonderful year with family and meeting up with stitching friends from around the world. 
Here's wishing you a peaceful Christmas and wonderful stitching New Year. 
See you in 2015
Sue 

15 comments:

  1. oh wow on the color of that ocean wave.... Do you think its all faded out or pretty close to the orginal colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your vintage ocean waves! I love gifts for ourselves. I'm never unhappy with them.
    Love the fan quilting on your double nine patch. The sashing fabric is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All wonderful quilts Sue!!
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treasure to find. Happy Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Double9 patch. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find! I don't blame you for buying the Ocean Waves quilt. The double nine-patch is a delight to look at. And the stars................ who doesn't love stars?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilting progress Sue. Love little Abi's quilt and the blue Ocean Waves is a gorgeous find!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a find! I love the ocean waves pattern.
    Look forward to seeing your progress on Abi's quilt. It's already beautiful. I think I have some of that wavy stripe border fabric. Love how you've used it.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Ocean Waves quilt - and yes, it's always good to give yourself a gift! I give myself great gifts - haha! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice quilt, choosing your own present is good,Merry Christmas and happy new year
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful find! Your Nine Patch is looks like a vintage quilt too, I love it! Abi's quilt is lovely! I love your choice of fabrics for your Texas Stars. A Very Merry Christmas to you and your dear family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sue !
    You realised a wonderful double 9 patch ! Bravo !!
    And I love the Abi's quilt ! So cute......
    I wish you a Merry Christmas for you and your family (I'm late...)
    XOXO from France !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a lucky find. Lovely stitching projects. Looking forward to seeing you next year. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a lucky find. Lovely stitching projects. Looking forward to seeing you next year. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your vintage quilt is beautiful, Sue, you can almost see the love that went into every stitch. Happy New Year to you and all the family from us here in Normandy.

    ReplyDelete