Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Abigail Rose Quilt

I've actually got around to some sewing on Abigail's quilt but have run out of the light background fabric.
Thank goodness for the Internet and have had a lovely afternoon searching and eyeying up lots of gorgeous fabrics but I have stuck to my guns and only bought what I need. Wow what's wrong with me!!!!!
I have hexagons to make whilst I'm waiting for the fabric to arrive. I've been making this quilt up as I go along and still don't have a clear vision of the finished quilt. I'm just going with the flow and where my heart takes me with this. 

Lots of hexagons to be made but I enjoy making these whilst sitting by the fire in the evenings with a good film on. 

Hoping your all staying warm and getting lots of sewing done. 

Sue 

16 comments:

  1. I am sitting by the fire at the moment, i love working in that chair with a cup of tea and the spot on my hands........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little quilt. I really like the soft coral and the fabric for the large inner border. I, too, like to relax and stitch hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely quilt! I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like where your heart is taking you! It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely quilt to make for your granddaughter - a family heirloom in the making, Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Sue! She will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is challenging but fun and rewarding to design as you go. This quilt is going to be absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt! I'm in love with your fabric choices! It'll be beautiful as you are off to a wonderful start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely quilt !! Your fussing cutting is so cute !!
    Bravo :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, "going with the flow" is certainly working as this is lovely. It is so soft and sweet. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Making it up as you go along is resulting in a beautiful quilt, I am in awe of your talented hands!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is going to be such a lovely quilt! You are doing such beautiful work on this, just look at those wonderful mitered corners!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't believe I missed this post Sue. I think you are doing a great job. Abi will love it. Love the hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fabric choices are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete