Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 15 October 2012

Which Way


Well at last I have made a little quilt for the http://www.alzquilts.org/

Not sure if it will be one that will be auctioned or if it will go off  to be sold at  the Alzheimer's Art  Quilt Initiative booth at Houston  next month.

It's called "WHICH  WAY"  which is something my  husband asked when the first signs of dementia were showing. Most of the time he was pretty hopless at directions so I missed the signs.

He had also had a private pilot's licence and thought that the flying geese going in different directions was apt for this quilt.

He was constantly in my thoughts when I was putting it together and hope their is now some bright angel showing him the way. 

I hope someone likes it enough to bid on it and raise more money and awareness for this worthy cause.

Happy Stitching 
Sue 

15 comments:

  1. It's very appealing, I'm sure it will do well for this very worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It appeals to me and is a great little quilt. Well done Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its very nice, great job Sue. Had to smile I had an aunt that said that all the time
    which way, as she faded with dementia....hadn't thought about that in awhile
    thanks
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fantastic Sue and I love the meaning behind it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story behind your quilt design is so touching. I reminds me of my mother who is struggling with orientation even in her own apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely little quilt, Sue, and the story behind it. Good luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an enchanting little quilt with a touching story. I'm sure someone would love to bid on it and give it a good home

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely tribute quilt for your husband.
    Meaningful and touching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your little quilt is very appropriated for ALZ Quilts. Glad it gave you comfort while working on it, someone will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little quilt is wonderful!! Such lovely fabrics and so meaningful :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your such an inspiration to me, love your rememberance stories, it helps me laugh over the reality that I am dealing with as my mother proceeds down the alz path. She's 88 and has been independent uptil recently when I had to take the car keys away and then because of out of control anger, her docter, my sister and I had to admit her to the hospital and nursing care this last week. It has been very hard on her. She too is learning to ask which way=she has been very strong in covering her alz up. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its a lovely quilt Sue and I am sure it will go well in an auction or sale. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt Sue - please let me know when it is assigned a number. I have two that will be in the Houston booth this year. They are all very special quilts, and I look forward to adding more to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a treasure. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete