Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday 25 October 2014

Busy time

I've had a couple of fun busy weeks. 
Bev and daughter Claire arrived to stay with me for a couple of nights, they had been to Moscow, Norway and then arrived in England and traveled on to Wales when they left me. 
Look at my beautiful gifts Bev made for me. Oh I do love a bit of pink and brown. Thanks Bev they will go on my sewing room wall as soon as I get time.


 Look how tiny that basket is!!!!
We had a fun time visiting Bampton where Downton Abbey is filmed and imagined Mrs Crawly just popping out of her gate to invite us in for tea.

This building above is the hospital in the series where Mrs Crawley worked.
We then headed off to Compton Verney to see the Folk Art Exhibition in the above building.
This is the Soldier Quilt they have there made out of wool left overs from uniforms.
Lots of other wonderful folk art paintings and objects too.

We headed back towards home stopping off at Chipping Camden for a quick walk round and to see some fabulous Cotswold stone buildings.


It was a very short visit but we crammed a lot into the one whole day we had together. 



Now this weekend it's the Autumn Show at Malvern, I really only had a very short time their but managed to snap a few likes on my way through. 
Main reason I couldn't hang around is that I'm off to Houston on Tuesday and have masses of thing to do before I go. Writing my blog just being one of them.
Been prepping some Texas Stars for the long flight and for early morning sewing whilst my body clock adjusts. 
So my next post will be from Houston. I'm so looking forward to it as its the shows 40th anniversary.
Woo hoo. 
Sue 

9 comments:

  1. That was a lovely day. The pink and brown wallhanging is beautiful! Have fun in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful day spent doing wonderul things with wonderful friends! I love the little pink and brown quilts. I hope you enjoy your time in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiny baskets and oh so cute. I love basket blocks and pink and brown is a combo I like very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your presents are very nice !!
    Have a lovely sejourn in Houston and please, take lots of photos !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what special quilts and friends! And I think Houston is a long way from Maine - you do have a long flight! Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a wonderful visit.
    Love what you have prepped for Houston.
    Long flights and hand stitching seem to go together. Travel safe and enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Quilts and wonderful pictures.
    And the little basket. Unbelievable how little it is. I love it.
    Greetings from Germany
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that tiny basket quilt! Would love to see where Downton Abbey is filmed and to visit Cotswold area would be heavenly.

    ReplyDelete