Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday 28 November 2010

Pin Box Pincushions

I thought I would show you how I make these little pincushion boxes.
I use the brown papier-mache boxes that you can buy from craft stores. I paint them with a water based paint and leave them to dry.
You will need 2 pieces of fabric for the top and bottom of your pincushion, Filling, A button and a glue gun.





Slitting the back stuff with polyester filling



Hey presto a lovely gift for any of your sewing buddies.

If I haven't explained myself very well just leave a comment and I will get back to you.
Happy stitching.
Sue

9 comments:

  1. Very cute Sue! Great Christmas gifts. I like the red one best, and LOVE that button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely little present:)) Thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! Great fabrics too. I'll have to try it for holiday gifts. (red one my fav too) Karmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, they would make lovely little gifts with something nice inside the box as well. Thanks Sue.
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and 'vintagey' looking. I like the lighter one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, they are both so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely pincusions and a great gift idea after all a stitcher can't have too many. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are wonderful and make a great quilty for anyone who sews/quilts. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your instructions are simple and clear, Sue. Such an adorable little pincushion! I don't take the time for little projects like this very often, but this one is too tempting to ignore. I see several in my future.

    ReplyDelete