Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Road Trip to Cornwall




Charlotte Yde's Work





TOILE MEDALLION

Well yesterday saw me setting off fairly early on a day trip to my favourite quilt shop. Cowslip Workshops to see one of Jo's summer exhibition that she has organised.
It was textile artist Charlotte Yde's work of quilts and stitched drawings.
As usual is was all beautifully set up in Jo's barn - the stone walls really made for a fabulous backdrop to Charlotte's work.

Their was also a small exhibition of new students work A lot of the quilts were made up in Moda Rouenneries , Just shows how poplar this French General range has been . It really made for a nice exhibition.

The Toile Medallion quilt is one that I take as a workshop at Cowslip and the original pattern was from Patchalott which I bought as a kit in the USA .
It has now changed and evolved from the original pattern with borders turned and borders added. I know Marcie from Patchalot follows my blog so I hope she approves.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    It was a wonderful day there today and I missed seeing you. It is such a fabulous place and I hear you are fully booked for your workshop. I can see why. I fell in love with that one you have shown. I agree with you on the barn. The starkness really suited Charlotte Yde's work.
    Love Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful setting to have quilts hanging.
    Love those stone walls.
    The basket quilts is beautiful, very stunning.
    I love nine patches so that quilt speaks to me and well red too makes me want to see the quilt closer! The toile medallion is wonderful I love the additional borders, I know Marcie will be pleased! I love red and toile perfect combination! just beautiful would look wonderful hanging in my home too! thanks for sharing your day with us.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the quilts and it must be a great workshop you do. I am particularly fond of medallion style quilts and I just love pieced borders. Cornwall keeps popping up whereever I turn at the moment so it will definitely be on our itinerary on our next visit - whenever that may be! Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful post! Sounds like a lovely day! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn right I approve! The medallion looks fabulous! And the whole display looks wonderful as well. Nice job to all involved!

    ReplyDelete